Simms Electronics is always on the look out for potential candidates to join our creative team.
We presently do not have any open positions but feel free to contact us with your information.
Embedded Software Designer
Simms Electronics Engineering team is seeking Embedded Software Engineers with working knowledge of general digital/EE design and embedded software development. This position will be responsible for implementing micro-controller code, investigating new technologies and prototyping concepts. This position is the focal point for hardware and software integration, requiring a self-driven engineer with great initiative.
Primary responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Embedded software/firmware design and implementation.
- Design, develop, test and integrate hardware and software control functionality using
- Interface with customer mechanical, EE, SW and other teams working on projects.
REQUIRED Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (BSEE, BSCE) from a four-year college or university or above/ equivalent education or experience.
- 2+ years related experience as a Software Engineer performing duties similar to the essential functions of this job description. Internships will be considered.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C. C++ is a plus.
- Experience with "bare metal" applications.
- Development experience with Linux, embedded RTOS and raw embedded programming.
- Experience with Microchip based micro-controllers.
- Experience working with new peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Experience with Ethernet, TCP/IP and web based applications.
- Ability to read board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
If you feel you'd be a good fit for our company, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.